Position Description: Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges’ is launching her reelection campaign and is looking for passionate individuals looking for a hands-on political campaign experience. Fellows will be working with our field, communication, and finance teams under the supervision of our campaign staff. There will be trainings as well as leadership development opportunities to grow your unique skills sets as a political organizer. Leaders who have completed similar fellowship programs have gone on to become professional organizers on an array of different political campaigns, and official staff members for elected officials. For those looking to work full-time in politics or to grow their leadership skills in a unique and creative way, joining Mayor Hodges’ Campaign Fellowship program is a great place to start.
- Recruit, train, and mentor volunteers
- Maintain relationships with voters within the different areas of the city
- Assist with communication needs including social media, graphics, and other needs
- Work with the campaign to organize and run events including fundraisers, meetings, and other campaign events
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A deep commitment to progressive candidates and their policy goals
- Willingness to learn and develop skills in a team environment
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
Fellows will be required to work a minimum of 5 hours per week and the position is unpaid.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Kyrstin@betsyhodges.org.