Through deliberate, intentional leadership, I have been doing exactly the work that I promised to do: run our city well, grow it inclusively, and tackle and eliminate the gaps between white people and people of color.
Just some highlights of the many proven, progressive results I’ve gotten are:
- proposing and passing our Earned Sick and Safe Time ordinance;
- founding my groundbreaking Cradle to K cabinet to prevent racial disparities from ever arising in our smallest children;
- innovating much-requested community-based approaches to public safety;
- making significant investments like body cameras in transforming police–community relations;
- investing $40 million in affordable housing;
- making it easier to start and grow a business;
- leading a historic agreement to rebuild our neighborhood parks and streets;
- all on a solid foundation of fiscal responsibility.
On the biggest challenges of our time, we can be proud Minneapolis is leading the nation in progressive action and results. To learn much more, I invite you to visit my Platform & Results page, or to visit my blog, to go to my official mayoral pages at the City of Minneapolis website, or to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
These strong, proven results didn’t happen by themselves. They happened by putting good policy ahead of good politics. They happened through deliberate, intentional leadership — the kind that doesn’t always claim credit, but gets great results nonetheless. And they happened by setting a clear vision and playing a long game to turn it into reality.